Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thanksgiving

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving.


Now, I normally don't celebrate, cause.... well, can't eat Turkey or potatoes... so what's the use?

But Matt's home, so I dug out a Fresh Pork picnic ham and I'm going to cook that up. If you want the recipe, I posted it in July on my blog, so you can look it up.

I'm roasting it with lots of garlic and rosemary, and carrots and celery in the pan.

I'm also making some sauerkraut with European dried mushrooms... to sort of make up for the lack of potatoes. And that's it.





And since I couldn't resist, I got the Cranberry sauce...

Hay, it's not just for Turkey you know.... tastes fantastic with fresh pork!

3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Mmmm, applesauce is nice with pork too. Happy Thanksgiving!

mxtodis123 said...

Mmmm, I love fresh pork, but it has been awhile for me. Enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Dreamers Night said...

I personaly prefer my cranberry sauce left in the can, in the cabinet..far far away from the table.