Saturday, November 07, 2009

STRESS RELIEF




Picture yourself near a stream.
Birds are softly chirping in the crisp cool mountain air.

Nothing can bother you here.
No one knows this secret place.

You are in total seclusion from that place called "The World."

The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fill the air with
a cascade of serenity.

The water is clear and you can easily make out the face
of the person whose head your holding under water!

Look!

It's the person who caused you all this stress.
What a pleasant surprise!

You let them up.... just for a quick breath... then ploop!...
back under they go.

You allow yourself as many deep breaths as you want.

There now... feeling better?

4 comments:

Rue said...

LOL - this will be be a nice addition to my meditation practice! Giggle.

Blue Moon said...

LOL -this was like those emails that were going around where they had a nice picture, and told you to watch the screen for something, then this scary face popped up... I was actually feeling my body relax as I read along...then - wham - I thought of my mother in law - LOL :)

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh, you're so bad, LOL!

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

I have been considering teaching my 2nd grader how to meditate to releave stress at school. I am taking your post as a sign that I should indeed do just that. Thank you.