Friday, November 27, 2009

Starting to decorate for Yule

I went with a smaller tree this year. The big one took up too much space, and since I'm not planning any holiday parties... I figured I would go with the smaller one.

Though I did notice the star is sliver, and the rest of the tree is in tones of gold... so I'll go get some spray paint and fix that next week.



The pine cones I gathered a month ago, I put in a basket and added some Holiday flowers... the pine scent is filling the house!



My Ugly frog Santa cookie Jar! Barb got me this last year, he's kinda scary looking, but he's a real sweetie! GIGGLE



It's a little hard to see....but that black lump under the tree is Merlin! He doesn't mind that it's not a real tree.... it's HIS tree! Every year he fights me putting the presents under the tree... he thinks only his furry butt should be there!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh this makes me want to start decorating for yule. so much work but so much fun. your tree and decorations inspire me. luv it.

sadie

ONe PiNK FiSH said...

We usually decorate today, Nov. 27th as it is my son's b-day. We didn't get around to it yet, but I can't wait. Your tree is perfect. I love looking at my ornaments every year. It takes us at least an hour if not more to put the decorations on it. The boys have to touch and admire almost every one of them.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

My cat loves sitting under the Christmas tree too! She loves the tree skirt.

Nar said...

Everything looks great! I almost bought a small tree last year but didn't know what I would do with it when it comes time to move back to the U.S. Or wherever ;)

VintageSage said...

Oh my gosh, I am so not ready for Yule. Lol! Your tree is cute...I think I will have to just stick with the pink tree this year again..but add the appropriate ornaments for Yule. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that frog cookie jar! :)